Sunday, March 14, 2010

DIY Headboard.


This weekend, Erin and I managed to accomplish more in one naptime than we have in the last two years. I have been wanting a headboard since I graduated from college. It's not like they are overly expensive but it gets low on the priority pole when kids come around. After a couple weeks of convincing, we set out as a family to get our supplies. We followed this tutorial.
Overall this project cost about $110. It could be so much cheaper if you picked an inexpensive fabric. I picked decorator fabric which usually runs a pretty penny, even if you have a Joann's coupon. This literally took us one naptime (2.5 hours) to complete from start to finish. The trickiest part was cutting the boards and screwing them into the back of the headboard.


King Size Bed Before...

King Size Bed After...much better!

Everyone LOVES it!!

5 tidbits of your thoughts:

Ma & Pa Wirth said...

Totally Awesome!!!! Great job.

Anonymous said...

BhbXFQe1y Low Cost Health Insurance xIazQi2pZ Insurance Plans xjTGBran6h Insurance Html Qn2IGBWkFy Budget Insurance cnmFjWsOq Motorcycle Insurance BS9JdvejN online life insurance quotes LVXO2iKdFC insurance policies qrJtpom4I health insurance

Shelly @Crafty Creative Studio said...

I just popped over from Lindsay's blog to take a look... fabulous!! I like that it seems to be just a tad wider than the bed width. (Could be an optical illusion!)Thanks for the example without the frame. Love it!

lauren said...

also "popped over" from lindsay's blog to check out your version--looks great!
did you use a door also? if so, how did you end up attaching the door to the legs? i'm having some trouble...

thanks!

Kaitlyn said...

Lauren, yes we used a door for ours and we used 1x4 or 1x3 and bolted it onto the backside of the door and frame. I wish I was at home so I could take a picture for you but am not. Sorry!

Kaitlyn