Saturday, April 17, 2010

Free at last! Free at Last

God almighty, I am free at last. The kids are at Grandma and Papa Wirth's for the weekend and it is finally my time to...sew, clean, mark crap for a garage sale, pig out, sleep in and play church hookie. I am trying my best to get prepared for Farmers Market this summer. My first one is on May 15th and all that I have made are barrettes and headbands. Yeah, exciting I know. Today though I made five little reversible dresses that I am going to sell. They only took me about 4.5 hours to make all five. So in all, I guess today was productive. Going to see how long I can hold off on picking up the kiddos tomorrow to see if I can do even more.

Had a nice dinner with Damon and Anna tonight, Damon was his usual funny self. Never a dull moment there. Erin is on his way back from Manhattan visiting some friends so I am truly alone...

Lets see, other than the sewing crap, I got in my first car accident last Wednesday. Some broad decided to pull out in front of me on super busy Highway 2. I was going about 45 when I hit her. The verdict is still out on the 4 Runner whether or not it will be repaired or what. I am okay, the Dr. gave me a note for some "recommended" massages. I will hopefully be able to sway insurance to pay for them...

On the kids note; Julia is not walking yet. Still scootin' and walking along furniture. She is such a screamer and has such a wild temper. Don't know where she gets that from?! I love her to pieces. She is such a fun and good baby girlie. Henry is having more fun outside this summer than any before. He loves going in the back yard to play and hit his golf balls. He has really good eye-hand coordination. The boy will be sluggin' for the Yankees in no time. He has many funny moments and sayings. My favorite this week: "Watch out Mom, I'm gonna golf your face in" Yeah...funny boy alright....

2 tidbits of your thoughts:

Grandpa Larry said...

Despite my condition...the kids were a blast to have this weekend. Julia is so intense and loves to have fun. I don't think her first steps will be at a slow pace...she will take off in a full sprint. You will not have had your "hands full" until she goes upright. Henry get ready now your sister is non-stop.

Henry...what a gentleman and what a talker. Sunday when we were sitting out we discussed clouds...things in the sky... and trains and planes. How many almost 3 year olds know what a crescent moon is? We did debate contrails though...he seems to believe that the white stuff a jet exhaust leaves at high altitudes in the atmosphere is milk...and he argued the point viciously when I told him it was ice cream. I don't know who told him it was milk...everyone knows at that altitude everything freezes. He defended his mother's premise to the end. The boy has an arm too...I see a Yankee scout in his future.

I also learned in great detail about Sneetches...The Zax and Green Eggs and Ham...several times.

We look forward to when we can have a week off and have JuJuBe and Henry as our guests.

Grandma Peggy said...

What an awesome Grandpa you have Henry and Julia! Just read his comment and oh how he has the ability to put in writing how much he loves you. No wonder I fell in love with him through correspondence.