Monday, December 16, 2013

Baby Merlin's Magic Sleepsuit: A Review

If you are a mother to a baby, you will do WHATEVER it takes to get your baby to sleep better.  Whether it be to keep your baby sleeping for a straight hour or through the whole night.  That often involves buying products that you are desperate to help you with it.  With three kids we have tried everything:  Woombies, Swaddleme's, Halo Sleep Sacks, the good ol fashioned baby burrito, and this go round, Baby Merlin's Magic Sleep Suit.  A friend clued me in on this when she said that this is what got her 1.5 month old sleeping through the night. 
Graham has always been a little bit of a challenge with his colic issues and his sleep issues have been about the same.  The first 4 months of his life were spent screaming and when he wasn't screaming he was taking little snoozers for about 45 minutes to an hour max.  He loved the old fashioned swaddle but was starting to grow out of it, getting his hands up to his mouth and waking himself up. 

We got our first Sleepsuit on Ebay and it took Graham about a week of using it and he started to sleep through the night.  Hallelujah!  Well, something happened and the magic wore off or maybe he just missed his mama but he has since started waking once during the night and that is to see me and eat and quickly go back to sleep!  Nonetheless, his naps have been better, and his night sleeping is dramatically better from where we were during colic days. 

Here are the things I love about the Sleepsuit:
1) It provides him really really restful sleep
2) It prohibits him from squirming and making himself mad by eliminating the need to get his hands out of the traditional swaddle
3) It provides security to him
4) I can put him in his crib awake and he goes to sleep without being rocked or nursed to sleep
5) It is so CUTE
6) I can re-sell it at practically the same price at what it cost me.  The re-sale on these are really good.  There is always a mother looking for a product to help her child sleep better.  This is just so unique that anyone will give it a shot!


Here are the things I wish I could improve for the Sleepsuit:
1) A glove option-he still can get his hands to his mouth and we have to put socks over his hands because he would suck on his fingers all night, especially while teething.  Plus his hands get really cold.
2) The product has been designed in America and is designed and owned by a woman in Pennsylvania, who is really nice by the way, BUT...I wish production could be shifted to America instead of made in China.  The quality is really great but I would love to see this made by mothers for mothers in America.  This doesn't affect the product by any means but it would make me smile to see a tag, Made in America.

We are 6 months into Graham's little life and I don't know what I would do without my Sleepsuit.  Heck!  I don't know what we will do when he outgrows it!  So, if you are looking for a sleep miracle or anything that will provide you relief when you are dragging, I would definitely recommend this product! Go!  Buy one here!


*A Sleepsuit was provided to us for this review though none of my review is biased upon the gift.  These are my true thoughts :)* 

3 tidbits of your thoughts:

Grandma Peggy said...

My little Merlin!!!

Christina Bargholz said...

I wish I would have had one of these with my last child! It looks comfy.

Kristin said...

How is this sleep suit in the summer? I'm in CO and it can get hot here during the summer. What is the inside made out of?