Tuesday, January 12, 2010

African Woodsmoke

So a couple months ago, Erin and I went to an African Art Show called Woodsmoke..We had the chance to drink some great African wine and snack on some seriously yummy food, I found my favorite new scarf here as well. The cool thing about Woodsmoke is that everything they sell at the shows, a portion of the proceeds go back to the artists in Africa that created the goods. Most of the artists spend their profits by sending their children to school.

Woodsmoke has set a goal for this winter to sell 258 of their scarves by March 9th in order to send one of the artist's childen to school for one year. I hope you will go check out the scarves. They are delighfully soft and made with such great handmade quality.

1 tidbits of your thoughts:

Stacey said...

Seems to me you've left out an integral part of that story...