Thursday, January 27, 2011

Singer Circa 1968...


I have had a my Mom's lovely old sewing machine/table in my sewing room since I moved into the Bright Estate in 2004.  I have always used it as a table that collects random pins and hold a couple of glass vases filled with random craftings.  Today Henry and I decided to bust that thing out!  I had never opened it before and was really surprised to see what great condition it was in.  I got out some thread, read the book a little and learned how to wind the bobbin (you do this in the shuttle that holds the bobbin, weird) and wahlahh, it was threaded.  Henry "hit the juice" and it sewed really great!  A little louder than the Baby Lock but it is nice to know that if my machine goes ape shit crazy someday I have a little back up.  Good purchase Grandma, I wonder what the last thing that my Mom sewed was.  Remember Mom?

2 tidbits of your thoughts:

Unknown said...

I had no idea there was a sewing machine in that cabinet. Some of the old machines are well made. Heavy but well made. It won't be long until Henry will be learning to sew. Kids are amazing if you give them opportunities. I always love your pictures and stories of the kiddos. You're a great mom!!! Their daddy rocks too!!! Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

I have an old singer and so did my mom and they will sew through ANYTHING, they are nothing like today's inexpensive machines who won't sew through fleece.