Saturday, May 12, 2012

May Day Busy May Day

Who knew that May Day would be so much fun?  The kids were pretty much clueless about May Day but when I brought out the popcorn popper, they KNEW it was going to be a good day.

Here's proof:



Clapping!  WHOOHOOO!!!




Still geeked up on the popper.  



Isn't May Day all about using the leftover Easter candy? Well that is how we stuff the cups.  Stale candy is better anyway, lasts longer in your teeth!



I love my popcorn popper that my Dad bought me.  This baby still cranks it out like it was 1973. 




All ready to go deliver the treats!  It was really funny explaning the whole dropping the baskets off and kissing routine to the kids.  Before we headed out, our neighbor lady brought over a basket and they kissed her right on the lips.  They had fun delivering and chasing each other even if they didn't do it right.  Good Day indeed!  If I could shake the hand of the May Day Maker I would.  Who doesn't love a day that you can spend eating and delivering treats to unsuspecting people?   

2 tidbits of your thoughts:

Mom said...

Once again little girl, you make childhood special in those little kids lives. All the money in the whole cannot compare to the joy you and they experience together-making memories!
So proud to call you Daughter

Grandma Peggy said...

Love Julia and Henry's smiles and laughter!