Monday, June 18, 2012

Movie Party-Backyard Style

For Henry and Julia's 5th and 3rd Birthday's this year, we opted for a Movie Party.  With the kids only having birthday's two days apart, we are going to be doing a lot of co-celebrating.  That means probably no princess parties or GI Joe parties.  Not going to hurt my feelings! The movie party provided entertainment for the youngins' while the adults were still able to socialize and throw back a few drinks.  I would venture to say that this was a great time for all!  We watched Peter Pan and ate hot dogs, popcorn, peanuts and punch.  Oh and I can't fail to mention the delicious sheet cake by Pioneer Woman that the adults induldged in.  OH MY! 

We were able to set up the movie screen/projector and speakers fairly easy.  Erin and I made the screen out of some scrap wood we had in the garage and a king sized flat sheet.  The projector was a loan from his work and the speakers too.   We have a huge side yard that was perfecto and everyone brought their camp chairs.  Can't wait to do this again.  Maybe a more grown up flick next time.   


















Blurry but oh so dreamy!  I wish I could have captured the ambiance in a bottle to keep.  I hope my kids will treasure this birthday party forever. I know I will! 

3 tidbits of your thoughts:

Sarah M said...

It looks like every single person had a great time. What an awesome idea--loved the cute invites, too!
Sarah M

Mom said...

It was such a great time!! The little ones may not remember every detail, but just like my kids, they will always remember the effort Mom and Dad made to see that fun was had by everyone. Kaitlyn and Erin, you were great hostess and host. Take a break till next year rolls around. You may have trouble topping this one. You are a beautiful family surrounded by lots of friends.

becky said...

What a great party! I SO want to do this : ) Thanks for the inspiration!