Monday, October 5, 2009

Julia's Baptism and Life as I know it

My mother told me yesterday that a certain someone from Lexington, Nebraska is missing my blog posts. I have been missing them too. It's not that I don't have anything interesting to report but I have just been a little out of sorts and have been in a sort of funk and not feeling very witty. I am hoping that I am on the road to recovery and will feel more like myself very soon.



September was a whirlwind. I really don't know what happened to it. We did go on a great vacation to Oregon to visit Erin's brother and family. Erin went on an elk hunt while we were there and I mainly just hung out at the house taking care of my two babes. The kids did an extraordinary job on the airplane. No crying or freaking out to speak of. Henry really enjoyed his "jet plane" experience and his vacation as well. He still is talking about Auntie Kory's snacks and singing the Bop It phrases.

We had Julia's baptism yesterday and it was a very nice ceremony. Kevin and Natalie (Erin's brother and sister in law) were Julia's godparents and both of our sets of parents were there as well as Damon and Anna. It is nice to have our families together, it doesn't happen that often. Julia did a great job during the ceremony despite being starving. She wore the dress that I wore when I was baptized and the sweater and booties that Erin wore when he was baptized. She looked like a "princess" said Henry.

1 tidbits of your thoughts:

Mom said...

Beautiful Mommie and Beautiful Daughter. Certainly a day to celebrate.