Friday, January 8, 2010

Something Sewn for Sam



My latest creation for a sweet little baby named Sam. I went to school with her Daddy what seems like many years ago. Sam was born with a genetic disorder called Spinal Muscular Atrophy. If you want to find out more about it, here is a link. Basically she has little muscle tone and her little body will eventually go into respitory distress. Babies born with this are not guaranteed much of a life here on earth. I met Sam in church last week and she is such a perfect creation. Her Mommy and Daddy sound like they are holding up well and truly treasure the time that they are spending with her. I just read her "blog" last night and Laura (Sam's Mommy) posted a challenge list to all mothers encouraging them to build better connections with their babies. It really is great if you want to read it. Blogger isn't allowing me to cut and paste.
The quilt is just a little wall hanging made with love and flaws of course. I hope that you will visit their blog and pray for sweet Sam and her parents, Zach and Laura.

2 tidbits of your thoughts:

Sarah said...

WOW! Kaitlyn, you are so talented. The Bennetts will LOVE this. I knew you'd know just what to make.

Mom said...

Kaitlyn you did an awesome job on the quilt! Zach and Laura will treasure it for years to come. I pray that they will find comfort in the many friendships they have made, and that God will cradle Sam in his loving arms and give her peace all the days of her life.