Monday, January 10, 2011

My First Quilt-Coin Quilt

Well, she's done!! After about a year and a half of sitting on the back of my chair in my sewing room, I finally completed my first quilt! From quilt top, to piecing the bottom, batting, quilting and binding. I found my coin quilt tutorial from Salt Marsh Designs and went with it. Oh Fransson's new book helped me understand how to make a quilt sandwich and some other fabulous tips and Linda's binding tutorial helped me a ton. I am officially NOT afraid to do another one.  Erin bought me some delicious fabric for Christmas so I can't wait to get started on the next!












4 tidbits of your thoughts:

Aimee said...

GREAT JOB!! I love it! The colors are so pretty, and the quilting really enhances the design. I love, love, love the pieced back too! Congrats on your first quilt. I hope you're now addicted! : )

Anna said...

I am IN LOVE! Also - Central Park is amazing, right? I only have a charm pack of it, but I keep drooling every time I see it.

Linda said...

I love your beautiful quilt and am quite proud of you. You might have to consider a career in photographing quilts, garments, and crafts besides photographing those precious munchkins. They're priceless.

lynn bowes said...

Kaitlyn, that is gorgeous! What a ton of work but this must be hugely satisfying. I love it :: lynnie