Thursday, January 20, 2011

Rollie Pollie-Santa Made It!

For Christmas, Santa made Julia a new bean bag.  Not just any bean bag though, the Rollie Pollie from Dana Made It.  Except I made it, well, Santa made it!  The project was much more expensive than I anticipated, probably ended up costing me around $100 dollars to make.  I opted for a nice down fluffy stuffing (Cluster Stuff) opposed to bean bag or styrofoam filling.  This was definitely the right choice as it is so cozy and fluffs right back up after you hop all over it.  Fabric used was two shower curtains from TJ Maxx for $7.00 dollars a piece.  It is a welcomed piece to my house even if it doesn't match any of my furniture. 

Check out my friend Julie's Rollie Pollie.  She and I so happened to be making the same project at Get The Craft Out of Yo House Retreat.






5 tidbits of your thoughts:

dana said...

oh cute! I love the fabric you used!

Unknown said...

It's adorable. I love the fabric and the little ball/ribbon thing (I'm tired and can't remember what that's called!) I love Dana's projects, too.

Faith Jones said...

I'm thinking about making this for my daughter. I love the idea of using the shower curtain, I was going over how much it would cost and fabric yardage is a lot more than that!

Rebecca said...

Great work! Can I ask--how much Cluster Stuff did you end up needing?

Rebecca said...

Great work! Can I ask--how much Cluster Stuff did you end up needing?