Thursday, June 9, 2011

Have A Roca Berry Day

Since my sewing machine is again on the fritz (pisses me off)for like the 3rd time (no big deal, just need to sew up 10 onesies for farmers market by Saturday at 6am), I thought I would dedicate some time to my blog (since my sewing machine SUCKS!). We had a fun morning at Roca Berry Farm or Roca Pumpkin Farm depending on the season. This was my first time out here. I remember Sarah talking about it for the last couple years, her facebook post reminded me that I needed to do this before strawberry season frizzled out. So...me, the kids in their boots and our Family Practice water bottle tackled the fields...Look what we reaped! All for a whomping $3.65! Not to mention the um 50 strawberries that we ate out in the field.  Great place for a homeless person to go hang out, if they could get out there. 








Henry took this picture.  Good job buddy.  The best one of the day!

And my favorite...look closely at that cute dimple on Henry.  Swoooooon!!!

3 tidbits of your thoughts:

Sarah M said...

aw awesome!! You must have gone early. I went this morning and it was SLIM-PICKINS...and the berries were totally malformed, teeny, or green. I only got half-flat, though they were cheap since they've had a hard year because of the late frost. Last year's were beautiful but yours looked really good! Glad you had fun, and those berries are DELICIOUS, no?

Sarah M

Anna said...

I kind of forgot they're in season - maybe I'll take E out there this weekend. Sorry about your machine...

Plain Graces said...

I, a fellow Nebraskan, just stumbled upon your blog- I absolutely LOVE your photos. They are beautiful.